Thursday 5 July 2012

CWCS Battle of the Books 2012 - FINAL ROUND!


The time has come to let everyone know which book has won our BoB.
The judge for this round was T. Daly whose first response was to thank us for asking him to read the three books because "they were amazing."

What We Keep is a beautiful novel that I read with my heart. There was a lovely quirkiness about it. In the end I suspect that Angela would have made the same mistakes as her mother and would have gone all the way to destruction with Jesse except that the heavy hand of the author gave her such good sense. I hope she and Noah will be happy for a while.
I read Nothing with my stomach. As the heap of meaning grew so did my mounting sense of dread. This was one of the best horror stories I have read.

Fishtailing, I read with my mind - wondering at the strange format. By about the second page I was completely engaged. The terse sentences drew me into poor wounded Natalie's web of evil. I needed the coming together of Kyle and Tricia at the end. I needed the smell of spring.


My winner is Fishtailing.


Hooray! We have a decision ... and next term in the new Library, in the new Block we shall have a party to celebrate not just this wonderful book but all the others too.

No comments:

Post a Comment